TEST LEAD – PERFORMANCE
Sr. Performance Test Engineer
- Collaborate with product engineers and development programmers on software project teams to build performance plans.
- Configure load test environments that target Frontend app’s, Micro services, Portal and architectures.
- Run and monitor performance, durability, and scalability test suites.
- Design, develop and execute automated tests and monitor performance tests to validate solutions and environments.
- Maintain and extend the load test framework including all programs and scripts that prep environments, create data sets, consolidate results and clean up after load tests.
- Assist product teams in constructing meaningful, well thought out load test workload models.
- Work with product teams to move performance testing earlier in the development process through micro-benchmarking of individual services.
- Help product teams define performance test success criteria.
- Execute Load/Performance Tests that integrate workloads from multiple teams.
- Perform analysis of performance test results.
- Take initiative to advance the quality, performance, or scalability of our applications, by influencing the architecture or design of our products.
- Collaborate with project architects and project lead developers to prove the validity of new software technologies.
- Participate in regular meetings, both within the team and across it, to discuss previous accomplishments, upcoming goals and any roadblocks in the way.
Skills and Abilities:
Someone with the below experience would be the right fit for this position.
- Performance Testing Tools: preferred: Jmeter, with strong Jmeter scripting experience.
- Performance Analyzing/debugging: java Garbage collection and Thread dumps.
- Frontend: Performance testing experience with Node.js and react.js websites.
- Experience in dockerized applications and mobile performance testing.
- Other technology awareness: Kafka performance, Ingress performance, Graphql performance, Proxy performance, AWS Technology, Linux commands to extract basic server stats and TCP connections.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 3+ years creating and performing Load/Performance tests with Jmeter.
- Demonstrated experience planning, developing, and collaborating on load test frameworks.
- Experience, preferably extensive experience working in a Linux/UNIX based environment.
- Experience identifying and measuring bottlenecks in multi-tier enterprise applications running on Linux platforms.