Big Data Engineer
- Make major contribution to the implementation of our real-time big data initiative.
- Build and automate productized data processing pipelines in AWS big data platform.
- Help improve our development process and standards through mentoring and leading-by-example.
- Research and develop statistical learning models for data analysis.
- Implement new statistical or other mathematical methodologies as needed for specific models or analysis.
- Help define and implement data ingestion contracts.
- Create data environment to support our data analytics, reporting, and data science teams.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- In-depth understanding of modern big data technology, including Hadoop and Spark.
- Data modeling and machine learning skills.
- Knowledge of real-time data streaming and aggregation architectural patterns and practice.
- Proficient in programming languages such as Python, Scala, and Java.
- Familiarity with SQL as well as SQL databases.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, data science, or related fields.
- Familiarity with agile developmental process.
- Previous experience developing data product required.
- Hands-on experience with real-time data streaming, aggregation, and presentation strongly preferred.
- Previous experience with production ETL pipeline development required.
- At least a year’s experience with AWS cloud or another cloud platform.