Sr. Backend Engineer (Java, API)
- Develop API implementations based on business requirements.
- Maintain and support existing data systems.
- Participate in team planning and provide input for requirement definitions.
- Work with QA and SRE to manage timely delivery of features to production.
- Participate in day-to-day agile development activities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent knowledge in one of the following languages: Java, Scala, or Go.
- Demonstrated ability in the implementation of APIs supporting high throughput and high concurrency.
- Excellent knowledge of Databases and SQL.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills for efficient bug fixing and code maintenance.
- Demonstrated skill in using coding standards and being an active participant in code reviews.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with remote teams.
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases desired.
- B.S. Degree or higher in Computer Science or related technical discipline.
- Experience with Java and Spring, preferably Spring Boot.
- Experience developing micro-services.
- Experience in maintaining and migrating legacy systems to newer architecture desired.